Monday, April 27, 2009

MRI

I have been dreading this post and have continued to put it off. Sometimes I probably don't deal with things the way that I should. I tend to internalize my fear and worries and figure if I don't mention it or talk about it, and nobody else knows how scared I am, then maybe it's not real. Well, as many times as we've gone through this kind of stuff with Ava, it is always very REAL! So I figured today my post is going to be a prayer request for Ava.

As many of you know, Ava was born with multiple congenital heart defects. Right Aortic Arch, Vascular Ring and a VSD. She had her Vascular Ring repair done in July 2007, her VSD spontaneously closed on it's own and as far as her Aorta, that's just her anatomy and should "typically" never cause any problems, however, Ava loves to challenge textbook medicine! Because her aorta is somewhat tortuous, she continues to get routine echocardiograms to make sure that it is growing with her and appropriately. On her latest one, there was some question as to whether there is some dilation of her descending aorta and if so, is it aneurysmal. In order to know definitively, we will be heading to Children's Mercy tomorrow morning for a sedated MRI. We will be checking in at 7am, which is wonderful because she doesn't usually eat breakfast until around that time anyway so we won't have to "starve" her for too long. Her MRI is scheduled for 8am and including anesthesia and recovery, everything should last about 2 hours or so. Ava is a very strong little girl and her resilience continues to amaze me, I am confident that she is going to do great tomorrow. I am holding on to the chance and praying that they will find NOTHING unusual and that all of this is being done as a precaution!!! I am asking that everyone does the same...please pray for a safe and uneventful MRI for Ava and a HEART HEALTHY report to follow!!!

Thank you and we will keep you posted:)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

We are praying for you guys!