Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Fun and MORE!











What a fun holiday weekend! It started off on Friday evening when we went to Ava's friend, Parker's house to dye eggs...very interesting to watch two 22 month olds dying eggs. Not only did the eggs turn out fabulous, but Katie and Eric now have a lovely blue kitchen chair:)

Saturday evening we enjoyed a super fun easter egg hunt at Nana & Papa's house. Ava did so great, she carried her little bucket around and had no problem finding the eggs. We enjoyed yummy barbeque and lots of other goodies too.

Easter morning we managed to get ready and make it to church for 8am mass....on time....whoa!! Ava looked so cute in her little easter dress and fancy shoes, I love it! After church we visited my Grandma Groene for a bit before heading to my Grandma & Grandpa Otto's house where we had a yummy breakfast and visited with lots of family. I won't lie, the cinnamon rolls were the best part:) From there, we made our way to Rick's Grandma Annie's for more festivities and brunch...yes, more food! The cinnamon rolls were fantastic there too:) We eventually made our way back home where we were delighted to find that the Easter Bunny had visited while we were out of town. He left Ava a basket filled with lots of fun things and candy too!

Monday was a dreary, yucky day spent inside playing, painting and coloring. We did enjoy a visit from Becky, Ava's Parents as Teachers Educator...that was fun and a good way to break up our gloomy day.

Tuesday I had an appointment in the afternoon so Ava got to spend some quality time with Stefanie and Brooke...she always has so much fun hanging out with them:)

Today we had a fun filled day of Gymboree, the park and a little bit of work on the landscaping. I was trimming some shrubs and Ava decided she would help...by moving the mulch to the sidewalk and eating some...I remained very calm and let her enjoy it, I even got a few pictures:) See, I'm desensitizing...just at my own pace!

Thanks for checking in on us:)

1 comment:

Rick said...

I love the one of Ava at the Groene farm looking thru the fence at Mattie ;)