Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Water, Sunshine and More Water...









Last Wednesday we enjoyed a very fun afternoon at Ava's friend, Aubrey's house. Holly, Aubrey's mom, got out all of the fun backyard toys and the girls just went wild! Summer fun has definitely begun!!!

Thursday...whew, what a long day! It was 'warranty work day' at our house. What this means is that all of the little touch up stuff and kinks that need to be ironed out, were all done on this day. I believe I had about 20 different strange men (sub-contractors) through my house between the hours of 8am and 4pm. I am very grateful that our builder 'backs up his work' and that they coordinate it all for me, don't misunderstand me, it was just a lot in one day. That sort of thing just tends to make me a bit anxious.

Saturday we went to Jiggle Jam...oh so fun! It's a kid festival that's held every Memorial Day weekend at Crown Center. We played in bubbles, ate carnival food, did some artwork, climbed on lots of stuff, listened to music and the best of all....ran through the fountains. Ava was a bit hesitant of the fountains at first, Rick had to 'help' her along. Once she decided she liked it, there was no stopping her...of course, the battery on my camera fizzled out at the same time!

Sunday evening we had a little backyard barbecue with friends...always a good time:)

Our Memorial Day was spent being very lazy. The yucky, rainy weather helped set the mood. We did lots of playing and Rick spent time teaching Ava all about her new computer. We did a little baking...yummy strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting! You'll never hear me complain about having a laid back day, just the three of us!!

No comments: